Tuesday 29 December 2009

Taffy was a Welshman,






Taffy was a Welsh man



About Taffy in the nursery rhymes they say that he was born on a Moon Shiny Night with his head in the Pipkin and his heels up right.


My Taffy was born on a new years eve with a Caesarean section and he probably got his head stuck in the Pipkin a little bit too long. He is a darling but he is a bit dim.

There are a lot of rhymes about Taffy the welsh man. Some are from Wales and some are from England. There are also thoughts about the origin of the rhyme and who this Taffy really was.

Who’s my Taffy then?
He is a Welsh terrier male just 7 years old and what better name fore him than Taffy? I have made a mish mash of the rhymes and written my own version. The Welshman in my rhyme is of course My Taffy.

Taffy was a Welshman,
Taffy was a thief
Taffy came to my house,
And stole a piece of beef.

I went into Taffy’s house
Taffy was not home,
I returned the favor
And stole a marrow bone.

When I was in Taffy’s house,
when Taffy was not in.
He had been at my house
and he stole a golden pin

I went back to Taffy’s house
now Taffy was in bead
So I took up the marrow bone
and flung it on his head

Taffy was a Welshman,
Taffy was a sham,
Taffy came to my house
and stole a leg of lamb

So I went into Taffy’s house
When Taffy was away
I stuffed his socks with sawdust
and filled his shoes with clay

When I had been in Taffy’s house
The little steeling swin
He’d gone back to my house and
stole a glas of wine.

So I ran back to Taffy’s house
to catch the little liar
I only found his clothes so
I flung them on the fire

What great luck that Taffy
does not give a damn about his clothesbecause he likes his wines he cares more about his nose

No comments:

Post a Comment